Friday, September 17, 2010

Indonesian Antique Furniture

These are all original Indonesian antiques. Placed on consignment by a fellow traveler. If you have seen the TV show "American Pickers" where the antique buyers travel the US searching out collections in barns and such then you will understand. My friends Chris and Frank traveled the islands in Indonesia and bought stuff, from yards, from huts, from boats. The pieces we now have in the store range from hand carved bowsprits off of fishing boats to amazing doors taken straight off of village huts. The most amazing thing I have seen though is Chris's own house, he bought the front of a house, the whole thing, and incorporated it into his Outer Banks home. Now that's cool!


There are two more large truckloads of teak benches, room dividers and more. These pieces are heavy and have been outdoors for over 100 years in cases, they shall be out in my garden here and I will make sure and share pictures. I plan on using the room dividers under my trees to create accent areas. I will also be able to migrate some of these pieces down to Florida to help make our new Florida locations into truly unique little Compass Roses. Oh boy, the store is giving birth!


No comments: